Location(s): United Kingdom, London or Derby (remote commute within 2hrs)
Provides general technical, engineering management, and specialized subject matter expertise to the Aerospace Standards and Part Qualification Program standards and technical report development process. Manages multiple subcommittees, working groups, and/or user forum projects developing applicable industry guidance, standards and technical reports. Business activities include but are not limited to the development, management and marketing of standards & technical reports, qualification/certification program materials, cooperative research and identifying markets for the same. Supports implementation of company strategy and continuous improvement initiatives.
Provides strategic operational, technical, engineering management, and administrative services that support the technical and leadership/ executive committees. Uses industry-recognized engineering expertise and experience to coordinate the overall technical programs for applicable areas of responsibility.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Product Development/ Project Engineering Tasks: Lead project engineering management for working groups, and/or user forums as assigned, including:
• Develop proposals for statement of work for new and revised standards & technical reports
• Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities
• Develop industry guidance, standards and technical reports, coordinating responses to industry comments and coordinating with related industry groups and representing the subcommittees and working groups in meetings and forums
• Lead technical oversight report generation/assessment with strict confidentiality and compliance with procedural and regulatory requirements; conduct technical oversight as required; review/update reports; follow up and close non-conformances; ensure effective closure of reports for timely issuance of certificates; provide technical summary reports to the assigned task group; provide required alerts
• Lead mapping of applicable work processes to deliver product initiatives on time and within budget.
Industry Conferences & Technical Meeting Support; Communications, Marketing & Outreach: Lead planning and conduct of annual meetings, conferences, executive committee, and steering group/steering committee meetings, including organizing and compiling adoption of approval items, collecting and publishing applicable materials, planning and facilitating technical sessions, and preparing meeting reports.
• Promote the program marketing plan.
• Provide input to the plan and coordinate workshops, appearances and exhibits.
• Also promote and help coordinate the development of marketing materials.
• May lead conference site selection, negotiate hotel/meeting space contracts, and conduct site surveys as required.
Executive Relationships & Leadership Committee Support: Provides strategic operational, technical, engineering management, and administrative services that support the technical and leadership committees, including:
• Contributing applicable specialized and industry-recognized expertise
• Recruitment and management of committee membership
• Establishing quorum and criteria for official votes, meeting planning, facilitating consensus and preparing closed session reports
• Performing technical reviews of products and providing engineering management specialists with comments and suggestions
• Coordinating the strategic and technical activities of the applicable Steering, Leadership or Executive Committee with the applicable management and specialists
• Apprising the Committee Chairs and Vice Chairs of all matters requiring attention
• Serving as the technical liaison with other industry organizations
Subcommittee Meeting Support: Manages the work programs of assigned subcommittees and working groups, including technical planning, meeting logistics, facilitation, and meeting report preparation. Function as the focal point for committee activities by writing and issuing agendas and minutes, resolving problems, communicating information, answering inquiries, etc.
• Negotiates contracts as required.
• Plans and conducts technical meetings, prepares materials, and facilitates technical sessions and seminars. Prepares technical meeting reports and presentation of results for industry coordination.
• Develop industry standards & technical reports in new technical areas by exploring opportunities in expanding and emerging technologies.
• Recruit qualified technical volunteers
New initiatives/ Special Projects: Identify and lead new initiatives/ special projects.
• Identify gaps/problems and develop process improvements for assigned programs.
• Lead user-experience research to identify obstacles, improve ease-of-use, customer satisfaction and inform future product and service development.
• Leverage the expertise of applicable functional roles within larger SAE group and existing best practices.
Strategy plan & Execution: Develop applicable portions of the program strategic plan.
• Ensure appropriate parties are connected and aligned with deadlines, goals, and milestones.
• Explore opportunities in expanding and emerging technologies.
Operations: Develop and Manage budgets of assigned activities.
• Coordinate activities of assigned personnel including consultants and volunteers.
• Manage applicable contracts as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Degreed Engineer in the following: Engineering, Computer Science/IT, Manufacturing Technology, or applicable technical field;
10+ years of experience in Aerospace (UK HND/HNC will be considered with additional 5 years relevant Aerospace experience)
5 years experience managing volunteer committees including the recruitment, retention, and management of volunteers, preferred
5 years experience leading a substantial program and/or initiative
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
In-depth technical/engineering expertise with experience in design, manufacturing and materials knowledge
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills along with excellent analytical, writing and editing and presentation skills
• Ability to organize effectively, carry out independent action, work on simultaneous assignments, and perform functions of a confidential manner
• Strong project management skills and proficient with planning software and tools.
• Global and cultural sensitivities
• Attention to detail
• Strong team development, collaboration and problem solving skills. Experience in a supervisory position preferred.
• Understanding of trade association operations
• Strong computer skills including MS Office and typical office application software; Knowledge of software and database systems preferred
• Strong leadership skills developing and achieving organizational long- and short-range business plans and goals.
• Ability to work with high-level executives, industry (commercial, government, military, academic) leaders
• Broad knowledge of aerospace-related technical issues, including design and manufacture.
• Understanding of Configuration Management and Configuration Control Processes including export control laws (e.g. ITAR)
• Experienced conducting oversight of testing in a manufacturing/ shop floor environment.
• Ability to travel 30%
• Ability to travel internationally, work in different cultures and countries, maintain confidentiality of engineering data, and avoid conflicts of interest.
Applies industry-recognized subject matter engineering expertise, project management and product development experience. Supports industry through demonstrated ability to influence task groups to achieve industry desired outcomes
– Demonstrated ability to gain respect of industry groups
– Demonstrated ability to gain respect of peers
– Leads development of additional technologies/methodologies
To apply for this job please visit saeinternational.csod.com.