Our Mission – fly to space twice in a day.
We need a leader to develop and guide the Operations and Certification Team to best contribute to mission success.
This is a substantial, complex project and we are looking for an experienced flight operations and certification leader with strong technical experience and a practical, can-do attitude.
What you will do:
- Ensure the team is trained, skilled, supported and resourced.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to build relationships and ensure alignment.
- Take ownership and accountability for your team’s performance
- Together with your team, certify and conduct spaceplane operations.
- Manage the team’s project schedules and budgets, and coordinate resources.
- Lead the interface with NZCAA (New Zealand Civil Aviation Authority), NZSA (New Zealand Space Agency), Airways, and other external stakeholders with the support of your team.
- Coordinate certification information, obtaining and maintaining the required licenses for spaceplane operations.
- Work with other Space Launch Programme teams to plan, coordinate, execute, and report on spaceplane operations and flight testing.
- Hold responsibility for spaceplane operations risk assessment and system safety.
- Hold responsibility for the provision of training and competency assessment of spaceplane operations crew.
- Take ownership of spaceplane operations and maintenance documentation.
- Oversee the maintenance of the spaceplane and mission control systems.
- Oversee decisions that affect all operational matters of the spaceplane and mission control systems, particularly in piloted control and human-machine interface areas.
- Hold responsibility for managing projects to integrate and operate with customer payloads.
About Dawn Aerospace
Our mission is to accelerate the next generation of space users with scalable and sustainable ways to deliver the things they care about from Earth to space, and from space to everywhere else.
We’re building a spaceplane, a cutting-edge launch vehicle that combines the performance of a rocket with the rapid reusability and economic model of an aircraft.
We’re also the fastest-growing supplier of green propulsion systems for satellites in the world. Our turnkey systems manoeuvre satellites in space and deorbit them at the end of their lifetimes.
For more information about requirements, please see here.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.