Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS) has an opening for Experienced Test Engineers at our Autonomous Systems site in Smithfield, PA. This position will support a critical defense program in our Large Systems Integration commodity line. The selected candidates will support procedure generation, test equipment build / repair and systems testing to ensure high-quality on-time delivery of product to our Government customers.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
- Supports the development and verification of test methods.
- Develops detailed test procedures, and instrumentation and configuration definition, needed to perform the test and minimize risk within the constraints of the test plan.
- Develops solutions to calibration systems problems of limited scope and impact.
- Designs test hardware, software and systems to achieve test requirements.
- Uses analytical tools to verify the design.
- Analyzes, processes, and formats data to customer requirements.
- Reviews test data, including off-nominal data, for accuracy, quality and/or fidelity prior to delivery to customer.
- Prepares and publishes test reports to document test results and satisfy requirements.
- Presents test results internally.
- Archives data and reports.
- Trains others. Works under general direction.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Electronics Engineering or a minimum of (5) years of experience in antennas, RF systems, signal processing or computer networks
- Ability to obtain a US Security Clearance
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills & Experience):
- Minimum of 1 year of LabVIEW experience
- Mil-standard test report and procedure writing
- Red Hat (Linux) experience
- Experience with computing networking /storage concepts and architectures
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years’ related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.