Safran Data Systems (SDS), formerly Zodiac Data Systems, is an entity of Safran, present in Europe and the United States. It designs and manufactures a wide range of products and solutions in the areas of airborne and ground telemetry, embedded information processing, data acquisition and recording, satellite control and remote control. SDS employs over 600 people in France, USA and Germany.
Safran Data Systems Inc is a U.S. company, but a wholly owned subsidiary of the Safran Group, that provides the full range of SDS products to include: data acquisition, data recording, satellite receivers, satellite radio signal recorders for earth observation and deep space, low earth orbit tracking antennas, mission recorders, flight test recorders, and telemetry antennas.
The company has grown 60% over the last 3 years to now over $40M in annual revenue and is looking for a Director of Quality, to oversee the administration of the company’s quality, process and/or business improvement efforts within the organization. The Director of Quality will interface with SDS Inc Employees, Safran counterparts, customers, and suppliers on quality related issues.
- • Manage the Quality Management System to ensure system is compliant with ISO 9001 standard and other external requirements.
- • Manage SDS Inc’s Quality processes including risk management.
- • Maintains the Context of the Operations with all the process owners.
- • Defines, monitors and participates in the analysis of SDS’s performance indicators
- • Demonstrate strong analytical skills by anticipating problems including problem identification, action planning and execution.
- • Strong interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written with a proven ability to be assertive yet approachable delivering a positive customer service experience both internally and externally.
- • Ability to lead others by encouraging accuracy and thoroughness in all areas of work; actively seeks opportunities to improve and promote quality, cost savings, on ensure on time delivery.
- • Document and monitor projects for lessons learned during each project and report the lessons to the Quality team
- • Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures
- • Responsible for identifying issues of technical and non-technical quality on a company-wide basis as well as within departments.
- • Establish Quality policies and provides input for other department policies, control processes and quality programs within overall direction set by senior management.
- • Compile and submit regular reports as requested by the scheduled due date.
- • Manage the documentation and ensure proper control.
- • Manage, track, and communicate the status of the corrective action system.
- • Manage all external quality audits (ISO9001, customer audits, supplier audits, others as
- • Document audit findings and follow up with process owners through closure.
- • Lead internal audits to facilitate compliance with current version of ISO 9001 and other quality standards as applicable.
- • Develop training materials and provide training for quality procedures.
- • Ensure Supplier Deviation Requests and Non-Conformance Reports are managed, investigated and approved.
- • During supplier selection, manage supplier QMS audits to determine compliance SDS quality standards.
- • Conduct supplier audits, document and communicate findings along with corrective actions and opportunities for improvements.
- – Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field highly preferred
- – 7+ years of related work experience in Quality Management required.
- – Experience in Aerospace is a plus.
- – Positive outlook and desire to do what is best for the customer.
- – Self-Motivated and ability to work in self-directed environment.
- – Commitment to workplace safety.
- – Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- – Demonstrates skill and ability to analyze and develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- – Able to communicate effectively at the highest levels.
- – Knowledge of European culture and/or language a plus.
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Specificity of the job
travel of less than 25% anticipated.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the “Happy at work” rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for civil and defense applications. The company’s products are deployed worldwide on more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 armored vehicles and 10,000 aircraft.
To apply for this job please visit www.safran-group.com.