Leidos is currently seeking motivated avionics systems and software test engineer that have experience with emphasis on Autonomy Algorithm Performance.
The avionics systems and software test engineer is responsible for developing test plans and procedures, and determining test resources needed to test the Skyborg Autonomy products and capabilities.
This testing will take place in System Integration Labs (SILs) both at Leidos and on base at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB).
The individual will also work closely with government test engineers to plan the flight demonstrations and tests, and develop those procedures and flight cards. The successful candidate will be able to work both independently with minimal supervision, as well as within a team environment. The work will be accomplished in support of the Skyborg System Design Agent program.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Plan for and support the integration of hardware and software in the SILs
• Support SIL architecture design for incorporating the hardware and software
• Plan for and support the integration of hardware and software on the aircraft
• Develop the checkout procedures for verifying hardware functionality in the SIL
• Develop the test plans and procedures for ensuring system performance in the SIL prior to flight demonstrations and testing
• Create the test plans and procedures for development testing of the Skyborg systems
• Coordinate test plans and procedures with the other Skyborg teams, including the software unit tests as part of the Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) process
• Capture test results
• Support troubleshooting of any system or software issues
• Be proficient at writing technical content for maintenance manuals including installation, test, repair, and troubleshooting procedures.
• Work with Software engineers to ensure that all software is compatible with or meets customer security standards including the ability to work with CA signed certificates
• Create DRs, CRs, and OPS tickets to track software discrepancies
• Be willing to run Test Procedures at a customer site with the customer witnessing.
Level 2 requires – Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of related experience
Level 3 requires – Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4 years of related experience
Level 4 requires – Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8 years of related experience
All levels require:
• Experience in systems integration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of complex system problems
• Experience developing test plans and procedures for avionics and developing automated software tests
• Experience working in a SIL environment
• Experience with aircraft avionics integration and test
• US citizenship with the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally from informal one-on-one discussions or in a small group environment
• Work well within a team and independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to work within a dynamic work environment, ability to handle multiple tasks at once (multi-task)
• Experience developing test plans and procedures for autonomy algorithms
• Familiar with Agile Methodologies, preferably SCRUM or Kanban
• Experience with Atlassian tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket
• Experience with model and simulation environments to support simulation and test
• Experience with Live and Virtual Constructive environments to understand complex systems and troubleshooting points for integration
• The ability to obtain an TS/SCI Security Clearance