Honeywell is looking for an advanced systems engineer to join the Aerospace Platform for Mechanical Systems and Components / Flight Control Actuation Controllers team.
Innovators around the world are developing ways to move people and goods aboard a new breed of cleaner, smarter air vehicles. The age of urban air mobility is upon us, and Honeywell is on the leading edge.
Honeywell is applying technologies in autonomous flight, avionics, electric and hybrid-electric propulsion, detect-and-avoid systems, actuation, flight infrastructure and connectivity to the unique needs of unmanned aerial systems and urban air mobility vehicles.
As a Systems Engineer, you will concentrate on the precise specification of control unit’s system structure and behaviors to satisfy customer requirements. You will encompass the complete product design and development life cycle including, system concept development, design, build, qualification, certification and in-service support. In addition to be a key customer contact, you will lead global Honeywell resources and external suppliers to define and align product designs with customer’s system requirements.
You will be responsible for settling and deriving the technical requirements from the customer ensuring the compliance of the system and its products to the customer requirement documentation. Your previous experience in the gathering the requirements and detail defining will be helpful.
Responsibility for defining the system level requirements includes requirements allocation to El. HW, Mech and SW controller level requirements.
You will be a technical lead coordinating all functional groups (El. HW, Mech, SW, Test Services, Safety, etc.) involved in development and prototype/ serial manufacture of electrical control unit and reporting on system design / development status to internal and external customers.
You will liaise closely with programme management, design, development engineers, manufacturing and customers as and when necessary.
You will handle your time according to the demands of the programme and the department.
Please note that a degree of working outside of normal business hours and some travelling may occur given the global location of our customers and the Honeywell Corporation.
You will have an opportunity to work both independently and within a multi-functional team environment. You can also expect a support from areas of expertise and experience when required. We will also provide you with a training on Honeywell project management tools.
- University degree in Electrical Engineering ideally with mechatronics specialization
- At least 4 years’ experience in Systems Engineering in area of Electronic Control Unit development, preferably in Aerospace
- Strong technical background and multi-disciplined skills (El. HW, SW, Mech)
- Experienced in gathering and deriving technical requirements of products from customer specification, validating and verifying the system functions according to the system requirements
- Experience in customer technical cooperation as a Project Leader and / or Technical Leader
- Excellent command of English language is mandatory (B2/C1) – communication in English (spoken and written) with team located in the US
- Self-motivation and ability to work with little supervision, consistent taking the initiative to get things done, doing things before being asked by others or forced to by events
- Knowledge of regulatory standards (e.g. DO-160, DO-254, DO-178) and aircraft system guidelines (ARP4754A, ARP4761, etc.)
- Experience in system level and qualification testing
- Ability to plan and control projects
- Flexibility and ability to adapt the changes decided by project.
- A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity and innovation
- Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
- Competitive salary
- Benefit package including an extra week of holidays, semi-flexible working hours, additional pension insurance, meal allowance, cafeteria system, etc.
- Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
To apply for this job please visit careers.honeywell.com.