- Experience conducting test on programs pursuing FAA/TCCA/EASA Certification
- 15+ years flight test experience as a test pilot with increasing levels of responsibility
- Graduate of an SETP recognized Test Pilot School, or equivalent experience
- Capable of obtaining the required level of FAA medical certificate
- FAA Commercial Pilot or ATP certificate (Fixed or Rotary Wing)
- Strong exposure to and appreciation of appropriate Risk Management and Hazard Assessment in the operational, experimental and certification environment.
- Experience in Type Certification programs for fixed/rotary-wing aircraft. Highly developed understanding of civil certification requirements from initial requirements development to Entry Into Service activities.
- DER and/or ODA experience (or equivalent from other NAA)
- A demonstrated capability to work within the engineering organization to inform vehicle design early.
- Have been heavily involved in the development of aircraft certification basis.
- Have been responsible for, or have supported, the development of manuals for aircraft certification.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Must have a temperament and the desire to effectively mentor and coach within and external to the test team.
- Unmanned aircraft flight test experience
- Electric Propulsion flight test experience
- Both Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing pilot certificates and flight test experience
- Human-to-vehicle interface design, test and evaluation experience
- Instructor pilot certificate and experience
- Understanding of Part 135 operations and the developing concepts around Advanced/Urban Air Mobility operations
- Familiarity with developing industry standards regarding automation and autonomy such as GAMA Simplified Vehicle Operations
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.