Data Acquisition systems company Dewesoft has released its UNI signal conditioner for its range of SIRIUS DAQ systems.
The UNI conditioners are capable of handling all popular sensors on the market today, including strain gages, IEPE accelerometers and microphones, voltages, currents, LVDTs and more.
The module is based on Dewesoft’s SIRIUS DualCoreADC technology, which provides more than 160 dB dynamic range. The amplifier also directly measures voltage from ±10 mV to ±100 V. Improved excitation current accuracy provides a constant current supply for quarter bridge strain gage applications.
SIRIUS UNI supports TEDS Class 1 and 2, which means that TEDS compatible sensors are automatically identified when they are connected, and easily set up in the software. The included DewesoftX software has a user-editable sensor database that makes setting up your tests faster, easier and more error-free than ever before.
Although the UNI module comes with a DB9 connector as standard, various LEMO connectors are available upon request. UNI is available in both isolated and non-isolated versions, and with or without a counter input which is perfectly synchronised with the analog input.
Like many other Dewesoft signal conditioners, SIRIUS UNI is compatible with the company’s line of DSI adapters. These small adapters plug into the SIRIUS UNI and convert it to handle a wide range of other input types, including LVDTs, low and medium level currents, charge sensors, thermocouples and more.
SIRIUS UNI Main Features:
- Directly accepts Full/Half/Quarter bridge strain gages (120 Ω and 350 Ω), IEPE accelerometers and microphones, voltages from ±10 mV to ±100 V, resistance measurements, RTD temperature sensors, and potentiometers.
- Accepts charge accelerometers, thermocouples, LVDT and current inputs via DSI adapters (a variety of shunts are also available for current measurements)
- High dynamic capabilities (>160 dB)
- High acquisition rate (200 kS/s) and 70 kHz bandwidth
- TEDS support (Class 1 and Class 2)
- SIRIUS 8xUNI
All Dewesoft DAQ systems include DewesoftX software which combines data recording features from several data interfaces and packs in very strong signal processing features for vibration analysis, structural dynamics, vehicle testing, NVH, power analysis, acoustics, aerospace, monitoring and more. DewesoftX offers advanced data recording, data analysis, data visualisation, reporting features, and more.