Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility.
Archer is looking for a senior flight test instrumentation engineer to join the team.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the development and certification of Archer’s piloted eVTOL aircraft project.
- Maintain configuration control of the data acquisition system.
- Design, install and maintain the data acquisition system and associated hardware and software.
- Ensure data is processed post-flight.
- Develop software to create GUI interfaces required for real-time and post-flight data visualization on and off aircraft.
- Ensure flight test instrumentation activities are completed on time and within budget.
- Key advisor to the Instrumentation manager regarding all aircraft instrumentation activities.
- Develop processes and documentation to support the installation and maintenance of flight test instrumentation.
- Collaborate with the flight test, engineering and certification teams to plan and perform all required development and certification flight test activities.
- Collaborate with all engineering design and analysis teams to establish a comprehensive instrumentation plan including, but not limited to all strain monitoring, temperature monitoring, vibration monitoring, pressure monitoring, airflow monitoring, etc.
- Assist in designing instrumentation wiring, termination, and integration with the aircraft.
- Assist in designing all hardware required for flight test including but not limited to instrumentation racks, air data booms, Flutter, DGPS, Workstations, Video systems, Telemetry,etc.
- Assist in training Technicians about FTI systems and sensors.
What You Need:
- B.S. in Engineering
- 5+ years experience as instrumentation engineer & experimental flight test
- Experience with data acquisition hardware and telemetry operations and standards.
- Experience with instrumentation systems design and implementation on experimental aircraft.
- Assist maintenances on FTI systems and sensors
- Experiences on creating procedures and reports.
- Flight test configuration management process experience.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs unassisted.
- Experience in using Siemens NX software and CAPITAL Logic (wiring diagrams).
- Ability to work with Matlab.
- Experiences on training people
- Programing Language:
- Python experiences
- C++ Programing
- VBA + Excel
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.