Do you enjoy hands-on testing at the cutting edge of aerospace technology? Do you enjoy fast paced problem solving? Are you self-motivated and have a critical eye for flight safety and flight test details? Do you love the idea of more widely proliferated and safer flying machines, accessible to all? If so, you might be a good fit for the hardware flight testing team at Merlin.
- Design and execute ground and flight tests for Merlin’s hardware and integrated aircraft systems
- Conduct subsystem and fully integrated vehicle testing, monitor real-time telemetry, perform flight data analysis, thoroughly document test results, and troubleshoot and triage issues
- Develop and implement engineering flight test processes
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to design and build test fixtures
- Coordinate with multiple teams and liaise between engineering and flight test groups in support of flight test objectives
- Maintain and create flight test operation documentation and test cards
- This position requires at least 50% travel to Merlin’s integration / flight test facility in the Mojave area.
- BS in Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or a related subject.
- 5+ years direct experience with experimental flight test or a combination of equivalent formal training and experience.
- Knowledge of basic concepts of aircraft avionics, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Enthusiastic willingness to do what needs to be done to help our flight test program succeed, including but not limited to: flying in small experimental airplanes, spending time on site in Mojave, CA during critical testing times, and learning new skills as necessary.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with avionics systems product development, including testing and troubleshooting at the system level as well as at the component level.
- Mojave, Denver
- At least 50% travel to Merlin hangar in Mojave if not located in Mojave area
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.