The Leidos Aviation Integration, Maintenance, Sustainment and Safety (AIMSS) Branch currently has a career opening for a ground & flight test engineer for multiple Airborne Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (A-ISR) programs in Manassas, VA.
What’s in it for you?
The job of the ground & flight test engineer is to perform day-to-day execution of the Test and Evaluation program for A-ISR systems. The candidate will participate as part of a multi-company team to develop, document, and execute a Test and Evaluation Program within these AISR programs. The candidate should possess knowledge of formal Test and Evaluation plans, procedures, and the verification & validation (V&V) process to meet requirements.
Interested candidates should possess a Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI eligibility, be able to pass a class II flight physical, altitude chamber physiology course, and water survival training course, be able to complete a favorable Counter-Intelligence polygraph, and be willing to work shift hours / able to support surge operations.
The AIMSS team is located at Manassas, VA. A minimum of 10% travel may be required to support training and test events as well as CONUS test ranges. The Ground & Flight Test Engineer will report to the Test and Evaluation Lead Engineer located in Manassas, VA.
– Participate in test planning meetings
– Create test procedures to meet system performance requirements
– Execute test procedures
– Document test results
– Active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret SCI clearance with a favorable CI Polygraph.
– Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Aviation, ISR, or other related technical discipline and 4 years’ experience in the same or 6 years’ experience in the same with no degree.
– Civilian and/or military experience with test and evaluation processes.
– Civilian and/or military experience with aviation programs.
– Civilian and/or military experience with ISR programs.
– Possess strong problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
– Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook).
Security clearance requirement
-Active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret SCI clearance with a favorable CI Polygraph.
A minimum of 10% travel may be required to support training and test events as well as CONUS test ranges.
– Experience in formal testing and documentation to include: Developmental Test and Evaluation (DT&E), Limited User Test (LUT), and Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E)
– Experience with Modular Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) testing
– Experience with Requirements Verification Traceability Matrix (RVTM) and requirements-based testing
– Experience with Airworthiness Qualification Plan (AQP) / Airworthiness Qualification Specification (AQS) testing and securing Airworthiness releases from government authorities.
– Flight Performance and Handling Qualities (FPHQ) testing and FAA type certification.
– Experience with integrating networking hardware/software into ISR Ground Stations and Airborne Platforms
– Understanding of Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (PED)
– Communications Intelligence (COMINT) sensor experience
– Electronic Intelligence (ELINT) sensor experience
– Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) sensor experience
– Moving Target Indicator (MTI) and/or Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) sensor experience
– Tactical radios/COMSEC experience
– Link-16 certification testing
– Transponder certification testing
– LOS/BLOS data links
– Security+ and/or Networking+
– Working knowledge of RedHat Linux, VMware, and ESXI
Pay Range $66,300.00 – $102,000.00 – $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.leidos.com.