Start date: 1st July 2019
Duration: 12 Months
The Fuel and Landing Gear Test teams support the development and certification test activities performed for the fuel and landing gear systems in all the Airbus programs.
The test scope of the avionics function is verification of system computers and main electronic equipment integration on avionic rigs (computer robustness, network, communication, data buses…). In addition to this, flight test analysis of fuel and landing gear systems are also performed.
The main activities performed by this team are:
Functional integration tests on lab test means:
- Identification of test mean needs
- Test procedure preparation and execution on various Airbus rigs available in Filton, Toulouse or Hamburg
- Development and execution of automated test scripts
- Support of system tests performed at supplier facilities
Support to Flight tests:
- Flight Test Instrumentation specification, installation and validation
- Flight tests monitoring in real time using the telemetry station in Filton or Toulouse
- Flight test data analysis to provide the design and flight test teams with the test results
- Support to Ground tests performed on Airbus flight test A/C fleet
Airbus digitalisation transformation
- Development of predictive maintenance algorithms (Skywise)
- Use of ‘Big Data’ to support flight test and in-service operations
Laboratory test means support, which includes:
- Test Mean development and commissioning for new test rigs
- Maintenance and evolution of current test rigs
The department strategy fully supports the Integration and Flight Test center’s vision to develop a ‘single test team’ identity covering all tests from Supplier to Flight Test.
You will be a member of a Group in the Fuel and Landing Gear Tests department in Filton, working in close relationship with the corresponding design office and the flight test teams.
Tasks & accountabilities
The aim of this internship is to support the fuel and/or landing gear systems test engineers on various activities, within the avionics test group of the test department. Activities carried out could be involved with any of the Airbus Aircraft programmes or R&T work. This may also require trips to various Airbus sites and / or at supplier facilities.
There may also be opportunities to experience other areas within the fuel and landing test department including the Hydromechanical test team who are responsible for the verification of fluid mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics and mechanical equipment on fuel rigs and landing gear 0 means, system performance, equipment robustness and certification tests.
Furthermore, significant opportunities to develop ‘soft’ skills will be available throughout the internship by supporting and conducting a range of development tasks including school liaison events and departmental activities.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
- Studying towards a degree in Engineering/Computer Science
- Data analysis, report writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge or experience of Programming and Programming languages (e.g. C, Python, TCL, Matlab)
- Excited by technical challenges and solving problems
- Committed to deliver on time
- Good interpersonal skills and capable of working as a team
- A good knowledge and practical experience of Microsoft Office and/or G-Suite applications
- English – Negotiation level
Beneficial (Any of):
- Awareness of aircraft systems
- Knowledge or experience of Software creation/application.
- Interest in electronics
- Project management knowledge or interest
- Some French language skills
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://company.airbus.com/careers/jobs-and-applications/search-for-vacancies~jobid=001A4B0A914A1ED8A7DED6ADC1095809~.html# →