Website Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation is looking for a flight test engineer to join the team.
The applicant is expected to safely perform the on-ground and in-flight duties of a Flight Test Engineer (FTE) in support of 14 CFR Part 25 Airplane certification and future product development.
This position is within the aerodynamics and performance flight test subgroup. Typical responsibilities include reviewing system and regulatory requirements, authoring test plans to include test specifications, defining test success criteria, and analysis methods.
Additionally, this position also involves executing desktop simulations, high fidelity laboratory testing, and on-airplane ground/in-flight tests to gather data and assess airplane flying and handling qualities. These data are required to improve safety, refine existing systems, inform future designs, or demonstrate compliance with internal company requirements and Federal Regulations. Simulation and test results are to be captured in highly technical reports and often submitted to the FAA and other International Regulatory agencies. Some regional and international travel and short-term deployments to support airplane testing is expected. The Applicant is expected to function well with a blended team of engineers, management, and airplane support staff with varying experience levels and diverse backgrounds but also, complete scheduled tasks independently.
- Strong data analysis skills with MATLAB or similar analysis tools required.
- Strong technical document authoring and presentation skills required.
- Aviation experience (pilot license, aircraft design & build, UAV operations…) desired.
- Experience in aircraft performance, handling qualities, flight control systems, flutter, aircraft loads, or aerodynamics required.
- Flight Test experience is desired.
Education and Experience Requirements
Principle Duties and Responsibilities: Essential Functions:
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects .
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members .
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems .
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives .
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required. to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives .
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area .
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements .
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product .
Perform other duties as assigned.Other Requirements:
- Advanced degree in engineering related field preferred.
- The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
Requisition Number: 196006
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting End Date: 07/31/2022
To apply for this job please visit careers.gulfstream.com.