QinetiQ is looking for a flight test academic instructor to deliver world-class flight test training to students on ETPS courses.
- Required to work within a strong team environment to deliver world class training to students on ETPS courses.
- Deliver instructional sessions, in person and on-line to students, on theoretical knowledge to aspiring and practicing flight test professionals including Test Pilot, Flight Test Engineer and Evaluator Aircrew students.
- Development, facilitating and grading of a range of academic assessment of students.
- Supporting the Cranfield post graduate studies.
- Maintenance and development of academic materials.
- Support the development of modelling and simulation classroom facilities
- Contribute to the grading of student practical assessments, including the assessment of correct analysis in the reporting of student practical assessments.
- Supervise, guide and assess students throughout their courses.
- Provide inputs for student progress reports.
- Assist in development of future ETPS and QinetiQ facilities for teaching flight test professionals.
Successful outcomes of this role:
- Graduation of trained ETPS students.
- Delivery of ETPS short courses.
- Timely and appropriate delivery of assigned course content.
- Teaching all aspects of academic flight test theory to experienced multi-national pilots and engineers.
- Clarifying subject material that is inherently complex so that students of all nationalities can understand and then apply the associated principles.
Essential Education, Qualifications and Training:
- Engineering or Science degree.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 5 years post graduate experience in either the study, teaching or application of Aerospace Engineering.
Essential Personal Qualities and Behavioural Requirements:
- Ability to motivate and inspire.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Patient and with a good sense of humour.
- Adaptable and approachable.
- Required to work in a strong team environment.
- Confident in delivery to a knowledgeable audience.
- Required to apply independent thinking to solve problems.
- Must be willing to travel in both the UK and overseas to participate in course activities as required.
Experience in at least one of the following fields:
- Instructional experience up to post-graduate level
- Experience developing or evaluating high order fly by wire aircraft control systems
- Experience of fast jet test and evaluation
- Experience of heavy aircraft test and evaluation
- Experience of rotary wing test and evaluation
- Experience of integrated avionics evaluation
- Experience of weapons carriage, jettison and release testing
- Experience of using simulation in flight test programmes
- Teaching/instructional qualification or experience
- Experience of the UK MoD’s Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT)
- Graduated from one of the 4 MoD-recognised Test Pilot Schools (ETPS, USNTPS, USAFTPS or EPNER)
- At least 5 years experience within a practical flight test environment
- Be a Chartered Engineer
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Skilled with MS Office, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
- Experienced user of MATLAB and Simulink
Please ensure you include a covering letter with your CV/Application
Please note that all applicants must be eligible for SC clearance as a minimum.
To apply for this job please visit careers.qinetiq.com.