Looking for a challenge? AeroTEC Inc. is composed of ambitious and motivated professionals, and we are looking for other talented individuals to join our team. We care about and believe in nurturing our people. We foster leaders who want to develop and mentor their employees, offering opportunities and training to further enhance the team’s skills. At AeroTEC, you enjoy a supportive, unique, and fun work environment as well as a complete package of benefits that includes 100% medical & dental coverage, optional vision plan, performance-based pay, and a 401k plan.
AeroTEC is currently seeking an Aerospace Engineer – Stress with knowledge of both primary & secondary metallic/composite structure and be part of a growing team to support multiple projects.
AeroTEC’s Engineering Services Department supports and provides comprehensive, full-service aerospace engineering services to customers in aircraft design, test and certification. The Engineering Services Department is responsible for providing engineering consulting services related to aircraft design, performance, similarity analysis, reviewing and supporting certification activities, determining test requirements, and planning and documenting testing to meet customer needs. These services vary, depending on the customer needs and objectives. The Engineering Services Department provides areas of expertise such as Flight Sciences, Electrical Systems, Mechanical Systems, Powerplant & FIFA, Air Systems, Cabin Safety, Structures, Flight Control, and Systems and Safety Engineering.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Perform detailed analysis of Primary & secondary Airframe Structures both new designs and major modifications (components/assemblies/systems), to ensure it meets structural engineering specifications.
- Develop detailed Finite Element Models based on new and reverse engineering requirements.
- Develop stress analysis tools and methodologies.
- Communicate and coordinate with technical disciplines to ensure deliverables are on target and meet specified requirements.
- Interrogate CAD models and use a PDM system proficiently.
- Onsite support to oversee modification implementation and other flight test activities.
- Provide Production MRB support.
Level Requirements (Minimum):
- S. in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent.
- Five or more years of relevant experience in performing structural analysis in Primary and Secondary structure (metallic and composite).
- Knowledge in Fuselage and Wing analysis along with system installation.
- Proficiency with NASTRAN/PATRAN and/or FEMAP toolsets to run FEM simulations.
- Proficiency with CATIA V6 & V5 and/or NX CAD to interrogate both 3D and 2D data.
- Knowledge of major industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to the structural design.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with FAR Part 23 and Part 25 certification requirements and processes.
- Ability to closely coordinate with manufacturing to support MRB activities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must have the ability to sit for long periods of time.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel 25% (flying and driving) to various international and domestic worksites may be required.
- Driving personal vehicle for errands required. State driver’s license and clean driving record required.
Hired applicant will be eligible to participate in AeroTEC’s benefits, which include. Employer paid medical (optional HSA)/dental/life (additional family coverage available), vision and 401(k) match for the employee. Position may or may not qualify for sign-on bonus or relocation assistance. Additional benefits include (but not limited to):
- Family LTD; Critical Illness Coverage; Accident Insurance; Hospital Indemnity; Pet insurance; ID Watchdog; Legal Shield; Perk Spot Discounts; EAP
- Vacation; PSST; Education Reimbursement
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.