GKN has a number of exciting internship opportunities based at our Global Technology Centre. Fuel your passion in making things fly by joining us at the cutting edge of the aviation industry and discover the future possibilities that await you.
About The Project
Working on this project will give you the opportunity to:
- Assist with development of a guided wave NDT system integrated into a product (ASCEND)
- Prove out the system on development parts (ASCEND)
- Achieve next NDT TRL working with ASCEND Team
- Support Inspection activities related to other projects
- Work within bounds of available project plan (ASCEND)
- Assist with manufacture of samples with embedded sensors (Ascend)
- Write up results of sensor trials and build a Validation Matrix to capture key sensor
- Parameters (Ascend)
- Assist with follow-up inspection trials and write up work instructions (Ascend)
- Assist with automated NDT cell set-up where necessary (Elcat)
- Design of NDT end effectors for the purposes of automation (Elcat)
- Support activities related to Wing Accelerator project
In order to be considered for this role you will need to be studying towards a degree, or have completed your studies in one of the following subjects:
- Mechanical, Materials, or Manufacturing Engineering
- Students considering final year in Ultrasonics course are preferred
What We’ll Offer
Once you’re on board you’ll get the following perks and benefits:
- Annual salary of £18,600
- Hybrid working – giving you the opportunity to balance home and office working
- Industry Leading Pension Scheme = we’ll match your contributions up to 8% on a 1 : 1.5 basis
- Life Assurance 8 x salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Income protection
- Shopping discounts
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A collaborative, dynamic working environment
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.gknaerospace.com.