Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
- Perform functional testing per part specific pre-established test procedure.
- Monitor tests through completion, record test data and service test equipment as required.
- Follows blueprints, guidelines and or diagram to ensure product specifications and tolerance levels are met.
- Demonstrate proper use of simple hand and machine tools.
- Accurately read and follow procedures, routing and other work instructions.
- Demonstrate proper use of mechanical measuring devices.
- Perform proper loading and unloading of electronic equipment in test beds.
- Demonstrate proper use of electronic and manual test equipment.
- Customer Focus
- Test parts to test procedure and document acceptance or failure results.
- Comply with applicable elements of quality systems (ACE).
- Meet internal and external customer deadlines as determined by team.
- Work successfully in a team environment. • Acquire applicable skill/knowledge/certification as required.
- Comply with safety and hazardous waste disposal programs.
- Handle multiple tasks.
- Request tools and supplies in accordance with project requirements as needed.
- Follow plans for production schedules and quality requirements.
- Understand end use of manufactured products.
- Understand and use computer tools such as SAP and accurately follow work instructions.
- Demonstrate initiative to keep processes moving and on schedule.
- Achieve special process certification where applicable.
- Train others for technical tasks as needed.
- Demonstrate an active role in problem solving.
- Communicate Effectively interact with others.
- Interface with other functional groups to update, inform, acknowledge or resolve problems related to business issues.
- Participate in waste minimization efforts.
- Participate in audits.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts (ACE).
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of experience using a computer
- 1+ years in manufacturing Preferred Qualifications:
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and assembly instructions.
- Ability to effectively work in an environment requiring repetitive job responsibilities.
- Ability to focus on safety and quality is extremely important.
- Highly motivated and dedicated to exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Production experience is preferred.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We’d like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you’ve been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.collinsaerospace.com/job/vergennes/tester-1st-shift/1738/10670919 →