Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space, missile defense, strategic, tactical missile and armaments customers throughout domestic and international markets. We offer a complete line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile defense, and advanced hypersonic propulsion.
Aerojet Rocketdyne is seeking a test echnician to join our facility at Stennis Space Center in Mississippi.
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
100% – Performs all inspection of assembly/test processes to validate product acceptance as related to rocket engine assembly and components, hot-fire testing operations and its ground support equipment. This also includes receiving inspections in warehousing operations.
Note: This position may require possible shift rotation every other month to swing shift.
Requires an Associate’s degree in a related discipline and 1 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Aerospace background with A&P license/military equivalent proficiency test/experience preferred.
US Citizenship required. Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement. Additionally, individual must be able to obtain and maintain NASA Personnel Reliability Program (PRP) security clearance.
- Must have the ability to inspect in-process and completed products such as rocket engines and components, electronic units and subsystems, precision electromechanical assemblies or mechanical units, electrical systems and subassemblies for product acceptance.
- Must have the ability to understand and interpret required engineering drawings, specifications, work instructions and technical manuals.
- Must have the ability to use measuring equipment including scales, calipers, micrometers, depth gauges and various types of precision measuring equipment for product acceptance.
- Knowledge of quality management systems, configuration management principles and product conformity expected.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems such as high pressures, pneumatics, cryogenic, hydraulic systems, liquid hydrogen, liquid oxygen and high pressure gases needed.
- Certifications to perform Non Destructive Testing (NDT) in level I Fracture Critical Dye Penetrant, Level I Ultra Sonic inspections and Level I Eddy Current Inspections is desirable.
- Must work well independently, as well as in a team environment. Must have good communication skills and demonstrate good attention to detail during performance of roles and responsibilities.
- Must be willing to work all shifts and weekends.
- Must be able to pass an eye exam and certifications such as thrust chamber entry, respirator, boroscope, Lock out tag out, cryogenic safety, process safety management, etc.
- Potential employees are expected to comply with company Code of Ethics and have knowledge of safety programs and physical hazard control programs/methodologies associated with the work place, work practices or equipment.
- Must be willing and available to travel up to 10%.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
The work environment may require a combination of indoor and outdoor activity (hot, cold, wet, humid conditions) with a varied amount of walking, standing, sitting, climbing bending, reaching, handling/fingering (seizing, holding, grasping, turning picking, pinching), stooping, kneeling, crouching and ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, employees may work around variable noise levels or with fume or airborne particles, hazardous chemicals, etc. requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as face protection (safety glasses, goggles, face shield), foot protection (i.e. steel toed shoes, rubber boots, etc.), gloves, hard hat, shop coat and hearing protection. Some positions may require Respirator clearance up to and including the Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Level A clearance. Work requires the ability to change into or out of personal protective equipment when entering or exiting manufacturing, laboratory, or other areas. Some employees may be required to drive between various locations within the Company facility or between locations. Work duties may also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer and/or the ability to travel by air or auto. Ability to distinguish colors may also be necessary. This position may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Need help finding the right job?
To apply for this job please visit jobs-aerojet-rocketdyne.icims.com.