Altran ranks as the undisputed global leader in Engineering and R&D services (ER&D). The company offers clients an unmatched value proposition to address their transformation and innovation needs. Altran works alongside its clients, from initial concept through industrialisation, to invent the products and services of tomorrow. For over 35 years, the company has provided expertise in Automotive, Aeronautics, Space, Defence & Naval, Rail, Infrastructure & Transportation, Energy, Industrial & Consumer, Life Sciences, Communications, Semiconductor & Electronics, Software & Internet and Finance & Public Sector. The Aricent acquisition extends this leadership to semiconductor, digital experience and design innovation. Altran generated revenues of €2.9 billion in 2018, with some 47,000 employees in more than 30 countries.
Altran is looking for a Test and Measurement Engineer to join the team in Bristol.
Altran supports the client through the provision of service and lifecycle engineering solutions, including activates relating to dynamic test and measurement at both system and component levels.
Our engineers work closely with all other engineering disciplines and across programmes in a dynamic and busy environment to ensure tasks are delivered effectively and technical issues are resolved quickly.
You will deliver fixed price test and measurement engineering solutions with short to medium-term goals. You will be expected to provide technical guidance to more junior engineers within the team, while also completing your own tasks.
You may be supporting multiple Engineering tasks for different projects simultaneously. This will require you to maintain direct working relationships with the client points of contact on-site, and represent both your work and the work of team members during client reviews.
You will possess creative problem-solving skills in a team environment and comfortable with communicating clearly and efficiently throughout varying levels of both the customer and Altran businesses. Due to the nature of the assignments undertaken by Altran you will work in an environment that promotes autonomy and initiative, requiring a flexible attitude. Above all, you will have a desire to progress.
- Define requirements for instrumentation, dynamic equipment and measurement systems for tests
- Liaise with specialist suppliers to support procurement of required equipment
- Support the installation of the test equipment with appropriate on-site teams
- Calibration of instrumentation and measurement systems
- Identify and troubleshoot any issues with test setup as they arise
- Monitor the instrumentation and measuring equipment during testing alongside on-site test plant team
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent experience) in an engineering or scientific discipline.
- Familiarity with gas turbines, or other complex mechanical systems.
- Experience with product testing or test setup, ideally within an aerospace environment.
- Experience with instrumentation and data acquisition would be beneficial.
- Experience with writing or approving engineering documentation, and associated change management processes.
- Demonstrable experience in planning and delivering significant tasks to schedule and budget; the wide variety of responsibilities requires effective time management across multiple projects and prioritization of work.
- High levels of self-motivation and customer focus, being comfortable with written and verbal communication to a range of audience levels on a broad range of associated engineering topics.
- Capable of making accurate and considered technical decisions under pressure and often with limited information available.
- In addition to the culture and career development opportunities at Altran, we offer a matched pension scheme, healthcare and generous holiday allowance.
To apply for this job please visit www.altran.com.