Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Satellite Solutions and Cabin Services team is seeking a Systems and Test Engineer to join the SATCOM team in Crawley, West Sussex, UK.
Responsibilities will include:
- Derive test cases from requirements and technical documentation.
- Write, maintain and debug automated tests in Python.
- Setup and execute manual test cases.
- Troubleshoot issues, raise defect reports and perform root-cause analysis on failures.
- Design test fixtures and equipment.
- Drive continuous process improvement and be actively involved in identifying opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques
- Maintain test rigs and environments.
- Work closely with the product and development teams.
- Experience of test automation using Python.
- Experience of testing wireless networks and communications systems (i.e. SATCOM).
- A strong understanding of testing and automation technologies.
- Experience of delivering and maintaining Linux installations.
- Use of defect tracking systems and version control systems.
Organisational and Leadership Skills:
- Ability to work independently and with minimum oversight
- Ownership of tasks and deliverables – manage dependencies from other contributors and 3rd parties
- Excellent organisational, communication, and reporting skills – maintain action logs, meeting minutes, write test plans and reports, progress reports, etc.; be able to measure and report on own progress.
- Proactive attitude – actively engage with the Crawley team and other stakeholders; propose solutions and alternatives to problems
- Experience of testing embedded software products.
- Experience of Agile methodology, TDD, BDD and Continuous Integration.
- Experience using COTS test software and equipment (Spirent TestCenter, Ixia VeriWave, etc.).
- Sound knowledge of software testing methodologies.
- Quick learner with strong technical capability and excellent communication skills.
- Experience of Technical Team Leading
We are located in Crawley, UK near Gatwick airport. Crawley has good access to
London and the South Coast with good transportation links and Crawley has a
whole host of amenities to keep you occupied. We have a comprehensive benefits package whilst working a 40 hour working week, all working within a culture based on positive assumptions in an exceptionally safe, clean and modern working environment.
What we can offer you:
- Worklife Balance
- Flexible Working
- Family Friendly/Wellbeing policies
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
- Career Progression
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of
approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.collinsaerospace.com.