WHO WE ARE
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We’re making rockets in a way that hasn’t been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
WHY JOIN US
- Be at the centre of an agile and dynamic team of highly motivated space enthusiasts
- As one of the first employees, you will be part of an incredible start-up journey
- Huge learning potential and the opportunity to build things from the ground up (literally)
- You’ll enjoy a high level of freedom and autonomy
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
The primary purpose of the role is to conceptualize tests and experiments in the structural design team. Hardware iterations during our launch vehicle development require extensive testing of components to validate simulation models and generate leanings for future versions. Be one of the first to get hold of our prototypes and help us push our launcher design forward together with our teams for structural design and testing.
More specifically, you will:
- Work with our structural design team to conceptualize tests and experiments
- Design test setups and equipment
- Coordinate manufacturing / procurement of equipment
- Manage setup, instrumentation and conduction of experiments for frequency response, separation shocks, propellant sloshing and more
- Aggregate and evaluate gathered data and leanings
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or comparable
- Experienced in shock and vibration testing and test data collection
- Experience in CAD and mechanical design
- Passionate about new space, curious and eager to learn
- Driven to deliver and consonantly push the boundaries
- Take ownership and accountability for your own actions and mistakes
- Humble and willing to go out of your way to help others
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent English. German is highly preferred
Nice to have:
- Experience with sensors and associated electronics
- Data analysis skills
- Experience with numerical simulation and validation
Want to find more about us?
Note: Due to high volume of applications, we cannot get back to all candidates. If you have not heard from us within 2-4 weeks, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful for the current openings. However, in line with our GDPR policy, we will keep your details and will let you know if/when a suitable position comes up.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.