Why you would want this role?
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team of domain leading experts within a Aircraft Connectivity.
Principally a satellite communications based team concentrating on Inmarsat L-band and Ka Band Global Xpress, we also have significant influence in other related technologies such air to ground (ATG) -LTE, M2M, UAS and VHF communication and others throughout Honeywell. In addition, increasingly we have a keen involvement in the security domains and issues surrounding shared communications links throughout the Aircraft. We are actively involved in Government initiatives in this domain, notably ARTES, IRIS, ANTARES, SESAR, Clean Sky II.
What are we looking for?
Candidates should have a good breadth and experience of testing Telecommunications systems. Ideally in Satcom or Cellular communications e.g. BGAN, Global Xpress, GSM, UMTS/W-CDMA, LTE.
The primary role of the job includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Creating test cases from requirements
- Design and execution of manual and automated tests
- Coordinating test campaigns for software releases
- Continually improve automated test coverage
- Integration testing
What skills and requirements do you need?
- Graduate or MSc. qualified in Electronics, Software Engineering or Communication Engineering ideally, or industry related experience
- Knowledge of Python and other automation technologies
- Ability to employ common real-time embedded test equipment E.G. Logic analysers, Protocol Analysers, ICE, etc.
- An understanding of wireless communications systems and complex communications test equipment from RF/Layer 1 up to protocol layers is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of network and interface protocols such as BGAN, Global Xpress, TCP/IP, Ethernet, ISDN, GSM, GPRS, UMTS, TETRA and Wi-Fi.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1061442952/ →