Job ID 00000243247
Date posted 04/21/2021
Location Bristol, England; Milton Keynes, England
We are looking for an Senior Test Engineer to join our SCIS team challenged with modernising and transforming the Defence logistics service. The successful candidate will work within the programme to support the automation of testing of the information systems for functions including Inventory Management; Supply Chain Management; Engineering and Asset Management; Asset Tracking & Visibility; Technical Publications; Support Equipment.
Following defined Boeing processes and liaising with the military customer and technical experts, the candidate will be expected to develop automated test scenarios, test cases, test plans and test scripts and also, execute these tests in support of the verification and validation of the solution.
Responsibilities include working collaboratively within an integrated customer and supplier team to jointly deliver integrated industry standard processes ensuring that impacts to the business process is beneficial, common and increases the efficiency and effectiveness of the supply chain.
- Requirement Analysis and creation of requirement traceability matrix to ensure proper test coverage.
- Write Test plan and perform the estimation for various projects
- Writing test scenarios and test cases, logging defects and test reports.
- Defining and maintaining the automation tests for applications.
- Liaising with programme teams to understand the changes to write test cases with appropriate test coverage.
- Perform automated and manual test execution.
- Knowledge of Defect Management lifecycle.
- Report risks and issues to the test lead and the test manager.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment handling multiple projects within stringent timelines.
- Ability to lead defect triage calls to discuss progress updates, daily tasks, issues, defects and resolution.
Education & Experience
- Hands-on experience in automation testing.
- Excellent Analytic skills and good knowledge of testing processes
- Experience of functional and non-functional testing (estimation, test case development, test planning , test execution, defect lifecycle management, test reporting etc.).
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience to work with 3rd parties to conduct end to end testing.
- Experience of defence modelling
- Knowledge of security testing and ability to understand security concepts
- Knowledge of performance testing
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- Testing certification from the BCS (e.g. ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Intermediate Level) or other equivalent institute
- Experience of building Automation Frameworks from scratch is desirable
- Experience of Agile methodology including practices such as Scrum or Kanban is an added benefit.
Experience of the following tools/technologies (desirable):
- HP Quality Centre or ALM
- Selenium Web Driver/Specflow
- ReadyAPI/SOAPUI Automation (Data Driven)
- JMeter/Load Runner
- SQL & SQLServer
- CI/CD pipeline
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Important information regarding this requisition: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.