A ” Propulsion Test Engineer (m / f)” position has just opened within Airbus Defense and Space in Toulouse.
You will join the Assembly, Integration & Tests (AIT) team of the Spacecraft Assembly department.
As a Satellite Propulsion Test Engineer , you will be responsible for the overall management , conduct and continuous improvement of the performance , execution and delivery of the Project. / “flight ready” satellite propulsion systems throughout the AIT phase until launch.
Passionate about the world of space and new technologies, you like rigor, take up challenges, and have a taste for operations to get involved in AIT activities to work in clean rooms as well as on launch sites on different types of satellite projects (Telecommunications, etc.).
As an expert in satellite propulsion systems for Airbus Defense and Space , you will support the project, participate in the resolution of anomalies, and be the interface with customers .
You will be in charge of installing, setting up and performing tests for the fluidics activities on the satellite propulsion system / subsystem to ensure that their behavior conforms to predefined specifications while meeting the requirements of cost and quality and also to perform quality first level troubleshooting and inspection.
In addition, you will be:
- the project focal point for “fluidic” technical reporting,
- the guarantor of the safety of fluidic operations and
- the (a) responsible for leak tests ( Telecom and Observation Satellites ). In this context, you will coordinate the entities of the various stakeholders.
This position requires security clearance or requires being eligible for clearance by recognized authorities.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for the following main activities:
- Carrying out preparatory work (work instructions, tools, test benches and materials) for satellite fluidic testing activities
- Carrying out fluid tests (leaks, actuation of valves, location of thrusters, etc.)
- First level quality inspection for the purpose of continuous improvement
- Drafting and modifications of specific fluidic procedures (Telecom satellite and Astrobus)
- Coordination of the development of soil resources specific to the allocation program
- Coordination and drafting of procedures specific to the assignment program (if necessary, organize the associated Test Design Reviews (TDR))
- Organization and capitalization of feedback
- Participation in the drafting of the Annual Prevention Plan, and drafting of allocation program plans
- Operational monitoring of the filling of the propulsion systems of the various sectors.
You may be required to work in a team in staggered schedules such as 2×9 or 2×8 and on-call duty in the critical operational phase and, therefore, you must be prepared to organize yourself accordingly.
Business trips are to be expected (France, England and Europe or to the launch site) and, therefore, you must be prepared to travel accordingly.
You have the following training, experience and skills:
- Holder of a general engineering degree (or equivalent) with a focus on fluid mechanics or a related discipline
- Good knowledge of fluid mechanics, hydraulics and satellite propulsion systems and components
- Good knowledge and understanding of mechanical and pneumatic systems
- Good knowledge of quality management system
- Knowledge of the production and assembly environment
- Knowledge of the space sector is recommended
- A first experience in engineering and manufacturing industry and / or in a similar position would be considered a plus
- Technical rigor
- Autonomy, voluntary
- Curiosity for technical subjects
- Concern for the quality of work and customer satisfaction
- Team player and good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team in an operational context
- Level of negotiation in French and English.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
To apply for this job please visit www.airbus.com.