Website Nova Systems Europe
Due to the potential growth in the European flight test business, Nova Systems Europe are seeking a qualified and experienced EASA Class 1 experimental rotary wing test pilot who would like to work in Southern Europe.
Nova Systems Europe have a team of highly qualified fixed and rotary wing test pilots and flight test engineers with experience across a wide range of operational roles. As a result of the potential for new aircraft development programmes, Nova is now seeking to reinforce the team with further rotary wing test and evaluation experience, with a specific focus on a highly experienced senior test pilot to lead flight test activities during developmental and certification test of a new aircraft design at a test centre in Southern Europe.
The successful candidate would be expected to re-locate close to the development facility where the role will involve the supervision, leadership and delivery of the full range of development and certification flight test. The role is also likely to involve deployment with prototype aircraft and test teams to remote test locations.
You will be an experienced and professionally qualified EASA Class 1 rotary wing test pilot with extensive experience of developmental flight test programs. Wider qualifications in project management and leadership would be a distinct advantage.
What you’ll actually do
You’ll be involved in many aspects of the aircraft development program. Typically, this might involve;
- Leadership and supervision of a team of flight test professionals in the delivery of a rotorcraft development program
- Planning and flying of development and certification flight tests
- Investigation, problem solving and reporting of aircraft development issues
- Engagement and interfacing with programme management, engineering, support and external stakeholders
What you’ll need
- Eligibility to work in the Europe
- Current / eligible for a Security Clearance
- Qualified Test Pilot (ETPS/USNTPS/USAFTPS/EPNER long course graduate with EASA FT Rating)
- Eligible for EASA ATPL(H) IR, ideally type-rated on EC-135 and with more than 2000hrs total time
- Eligible to hold EASA Class 1 medical
- Extensive rotorcraft developmental flight test experience, including specific experience of EASA CS27 or 29 programmes
- Conversant with EASA/FAA CS or EMAR regulations
- Extensive supervisory flight test experience – eg Chief Test Pilot, Deputy Chief Test Pilot or Test Unit Command
- Extensive Safety Management and training experience
- Project or Program Management qualification and experience
- Educated to Degree level with high level of written and verbal communication skills in English and the ability to write technical reports of the highest standard
- Leadership and management experience
- Self-motivated and able to operate with a high degree of autonomy
- Project management and problem solving skills
- Comfortable and influential in client communication and management
- Flexible, positive and committed team member, who works to very high standards and cares about client interests, and Nova’s own professional reputation
- Flexible, career driven and can work independently or as part of a team
- Willingness to travel and relocate