Description of the job :
You are looking for a new challenge to enrich your development path?
You want to experience a mission in order to build bridges between activities?
You simply enjoy the idea of taking part in Flight Test adventure?
A vacancy for a Flight Test Specialist Engineer (ATA07/27) (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Commercial Aircraft in Toulouse. You will join the Flight Test Technical Support – A/C Physics department.
If you are passionate, reliable, adaptable and have already some years of experience in aeronautics, we welcome you for an exciting mission as Flight Test Specialist Engineer (FTSE) on Handling Qualities and Flight Control laws & System (ATA07&27).
The mission, as part of the Engineering of Flight Test subdomain, is to provide technical and operational expertise in flight physics, for development and certification tests (ground and flight).
The technical scope is:
– Loads and stress
– Aircraft performance
– Handling qualities and flight control laws & system
– Autoflight system (Autopilot, FMS & RNP)
– Landing Gear, Braking and Steering system
– Navigation system
– Weight & CG
Task & accountabilities :
As FTSE for Handling Qualities and Flight Control Laws/System, your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Being a technical referent in your ATA chapter, bringing also the operational vision.
• Representing Flight Tests within an integrated team composed of Flight Test Engineer (FTE), Analysist, Design Office, Certification and Program members.
• Managing all activities required for development and certification tests on aircraft (Ground and Flight Tests).
• Supporting the Flight Test Engineers (FTE) and Pilots community on your speciality.
• Optimizing, improving test preparation, planning, execution, and analysis for the overall functions of a complete aircraft, in close cooperation with other stakeholders like (but not limited to) rig testing and tests means, flight test teams, design office to ensure required readiness for test in time, on cost and in quality.
• Managing flight tests related certification documentation.
• Supporting Production and Customer Support entities.
Finally, you will have to pro-actively be part of Flight & Integration Tests Center change projects to prepare the future of Airbus.
Required skills :
You will have the following skills and experience:
• Educated to Master’s degree level (or equivalent) in aeronautics Engineering
• More than 5 years’ experience in aeronautics, mainly in flight physics
• Team/collaboration spirit and customer oriented mindset
• Advance level of English
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
To apply for this job please visit www.airbus.com.