The Boeing Company is seeking an entry level simulation software engineer to develop simulation and laboratory products for multiple projects in the Flight Simulation | Labs teams located in Berkeley, MO.
Flight Simulation | Labs provides a comprehensive simulation and laboratory solution for the design, development, and deployment of Boeing St. Louis defense products. This position will report through the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization.
The position offers the opportunity to participate in a variety of modeling, simulation, and laboratory assignments, including simulation model development, analytical tool development, air-vehicle flying qualities, system integration and test, support of deployed products, and customer event execution.
The successful candidate is:
- Highly motivated and exhibits strong communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Customer focused and works effectively in a fast paced team oriented environment
- Committed to providing high levels of customer satisfaction
- Experienced with a basic knowledge of programming languages and tools (C++, C#, Python, FORTRAN, Visual Studio, Git, JIRA, VersionOne, Agile practices)
- Capable of understanding and synthesizing a basic system composed of individual components
- Able to apply basic analysis techniques to system data and develop conclusions
- Supporting software development on agile teams tasked with integrating/implementing solutions onto a platform.
- Developing high fidelity simulation and environment software and tool sets to enable rapid development, test, and deployment of high quality software solutions for the war-fighter, and many others.
- Uses analytical problem solving skills to resolve problems for the company and suppliers.
- Uses engineering skills to deliver improved weapon system capabilities to our customers.
- Applies engineering knowledge to continuously improve processes and tools.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles to conduct analysis
These positions require the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
These positions are expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate may be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Please have your current GPA listed on your resume.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience by the end of Dec 2022?
- Classroom or work related programming experience with any of the following software development languages: C, C++, C#, JAVA, and Python
- Experience working in a project where various software development methodologies are being utilizing
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and communicate with stakeholders of different backgrounds and skill levels
- Basic knowledge of developing embedded real-time software
- Basic knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD) methodologies
- Basic knowledge of Agile software development
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics (e.g. Bachelor) with strong software skills. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Referral to this job is eligible for a $4500 bonus.
Drug Free Workplace:
Refer to “Supplemental Information” for further clarification on the use of this job family. In locations where SPEEA representation applies, this job family will be covered by the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.