Element has an opportunity for a new Senior ExTL Project Engineer (Flameproof & Mechanical) to join its growing team.
Our Ex Protection Test Laboratory in Skelmersdale undertakes test and assessment projects of explosion protected equipment (Ex Products). These products are assessed against the requirements of ATEX, IECEx and HAZLOC schemes such that the products are safe for use in a potentially explosive atmosphere. Assessment reports are submitted to the Element Certification Body for the issue of ATEX & IECEx Certificates.
Candidates at all levels will be considered for this opportunity.
We are looking to hear from Electrical and Electronics Graduates who are looking to kick start their career in the Ex and product qualificaiton industry. At Element, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most well-respected experts in the field whilst investing in your personal and professional development.
We also want to hear from you if you are an experienced Ex professional, keen to develop your career with one of the world’s leading and fastest growing testing, inspection & product qualification companies in the world.
• Full responsibility for the planning and delivery of Ex assessment projects
• Establish a project test plan and arrange the testing within the department (in some cases carrying out the testing) to ensure multiple customer projects run concurrently
• Liaise with customers both prior to projects commencing and during project delivery to provide timely and accurate communication
• Review project reports issued by colleagues for peer review to ensure all reports passed to the certification body have the required sign off from the test laboratory
• Provide supervisory expertise / advice / discussion to colleagues.
Skills and experience:
• Detailed understanding of Ex certification schemes (ATEX, IECEx, HAZLOC)
• Experience in conducting test and assessment projects within an Ex Test Lab environment
• Detailed working knowledge of the following assessments standards:
o IEC 60079-0 (General Requirements)
o IEC 60079-1 (Flameproof Protection Concepts)
o IEC 60079-7 (Increased safety)
o IEC 60079-15 (Protection type ‘n’)
o IEC 60079-31 (Dust ignition protection by enclosure)
o ISO 80079-36 (Non electrical basic requirements)
o ISO 80079-37 (Non electrical concepts “c”, “b” and “k”
• Prior responsibility for peer review of Ex Test Lab reports
• Ability to carry out Ex testing required by the standards listed above and provide supervisory advice / guidance to colleagues on test procedures.
Element is the best and most trusted testing partner in the world providing high value, critical services to the Aerospace, Transportation, Oil & Gas, Fire & Building Products and Infrastructure & Environmental sectors, where failure is not an option.
Our purpose is a simple one. We make certain that all of the materials, products and devices we test, inspect and certify for our customers are always safe in their end application; are of marketable quality; are compliant with all relevant industry standards and regulations and are ultimately fit for purpose.
Element’s expanded network of over 6,000 Engaged Experts are trusted by organizations to test and advise on the safety, quality, performance and compliance of their products, systems and operations.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://element-ext-row.icims.com/jobs/1611/job?mode=apply&iis=32547 →