Website Diversified Technical Systems, Inc.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and recommend objectives in each area of Operations that supports the corporate strategic plan.
- Develop specific short-term and long-term plans and programs with supporting budgets and financial estimates.
- Responsible for the overall performance management of the team including coaching, establishing goals, and conducting performance appraisals.
- Use ERP and other tools to create and provide manufacturing and financial reports.
- Develop, recommend, and implement corporate operations policy within the Operations Department.
- Partner with Michigan Operations team to ensure consistency across the business.
- Review and approve cost control reports, cost estimates, manpower and facilities requirement forecasts.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other departments in establishing and carrying out responsibilities.
- Define and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) including on-time delivery (OTD), yield, and productivity.
- Partner with the Manufacturing ManagerMaintain SYSPRO ERP system to develop ongoing manufacturing schedule to satisfy sales orders in our high-mix/low volume environment and reach OTD goals.
- Maintain and improve processes for all aspects of the manufacturing cycle optimizing for quality and cost.
- Prioritize and manage workload to meet customer delivery expectations.
- Ensure key MRP parameters are maintained by the Production Control Manager and purchasing team.
Quality – Working with the Quality ManagerDevelop, maintain, and adhere to the internal quality system and interface with customers to meet their quality requirements.
- Maintain and adhere to our ISO 17025 quality system.
- Support other quality processes such as Material Review Board (MRB), non-conformances, and training records.
- Enhance and maintain workflow and other quality processes
- Investigate and respond to Customer Corrective Action Requests (CCARs)
Inventory – Working with the Manufacturing ManagerEnsure that all inventory is stored, organized, and efficiently applied to the manufacturing process.
- Oversee and optimize the DTS inventory physical storage, organization, kitting methods, and accuracy.
- Maintain regular cycle counts to ensure that inventory levels are accurate for ERP and financial reporting.
- Support the Engineering team’s needs for inventory for R&D purposes.
- Identify sources of inventory errors and implement appropriate counter measures
- Monitor inventory levels and overall value; recommend adjustment strategies to align with strategic plan
Shipping & Receiving – Working with the Manufacturing ManagerEnsure that orders are prepared, transacted, and delivered to customers in a timely manner and support the department OTD goals.
- Ensure that incoming deliveries are promptly received, transacted, and routed to incoming inspection or inventory.
- Seek opportunities for efficiency and cost improvements in the shipping and receiving processes.
- Regularly review and negotiate shipping contracts to optimize costs.
- Serve as DTS’s Export Compliance Manager reviewing and approving end-user statements and maintaining accurate ECCN database.
- Ensure compliance with US export regulations and select ITAR materials.
Manufacturing Engineering – Working with the Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Actively seek opportunities for process improvement, quality initiatives, and cost reduction in the manufacturing processes.
- Support timely transition of new products from Engineering to Production via robust NPI process creation and implementation.
IT & Facilities – Working with the IT & Facilities Manager
- Ensure server, network, and telephone infrastructure are developed and maintained consistent with the objectives in the strategic plan
- Plan and negotiate the contractors necessary to maintain the manufacturing, office, and warehouse facilities.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Experience and Skills:
- BA or BS degree required, ideally an MBA or financial degree.
- At least 5 years’ experience with low volume/high mix electro-mechanical manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of ten years in a prior senior management role in a technical manufacturing organization with progressive leadership experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in operational/administrative management.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff to manage and develop high-performance teams and develop and implement program strategies.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of the company.
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
- Strong experience with ERP systems.
- Experience with SYSPRO is desired.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills quality, manufacturing engineering, line supervisor, Electronics, ISO9000, Circuit Board, Production Lead Time, Calibrated Resistance Measuring,
To apply for this job please visit www.dtsweb.com.