Our Mission – fly to space twice in a day.
This is a substantial, complex project and we are looking for an experienced certification engineer to lead the planning and delivery of all tasks to achieve certification of spaceplane operations.
What you will do:
- Liaise, and build relationships, with relevant aviation and space authorities.
- Ensure novel system design meets applicable engineering standards.
- Plan means of compliance and demonstrate compliance to authorities, even where existing standards are not directly applicable and are unprecedented.
- Coordinate with all Space Launch teams the timely delivery of high-quality evidence to support spaceplane operations certification.
- Form robust arguments to underwrite airworthiness of unmanned aircraft operations in the areas of design, production, maintenance, operations, and training within the aviation system.
- Complete hazard analyses associated with unmanned aircraft systems and provide advice to Space Launch Programme engineers on appropriate mitigations.
- Complete risk assessments and safety cases addressing all sources of risk to the safety of unmanned rocket-powered aircraft flight test operations.
- Provide advice to all Space Launch Programme team members on all aspects relating to certification of unmanned aircraft and space launch operations.
- Plan and coordinate resources to achieve certification milestones ahead of flight test campaigns in a timely manner.
- Understand rules that regulate the national aviation system, and pre-emptively solve issues in integrating unmanned aircraft operations seamlessly into the system.
About Dawn Aerospace
Our mission is to accelerate the next generation of space users with scalable and sustainable ways to deliver the things they care about from Earth to Space, and from Space to everywhere else.
We’re building a spaceplane, a cutting-edge launch vehicle that combines the performance of a rocket with the rapid reusability and economic model of an aircraft.
We’re also the fastest-growing supplier of green propulsion systems for satellites in the world. Our turnkey systems manoeuvre satellites in space and deorbit them at the end of their lifetimes.
For more on job requirements, see here.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.