Job Description Summary
The GE Aviation Chief Consulting Engineer for Hybrid Electric Systems will provide technical leadership, consultation, and oversight for concept creation, technology development, and product design of hybrid electric systems and components. Represent the Chief Engineer’s Office, provide strategic recommendations and consultation to the engineering org and program leadership. Develop and maintain expertise on GE practices for engineering, safety, and certification.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Provide technical leadership and consultation in the area of hybrid electric systems, throughout the engine life cycle
- Champion for technology, process and tool advancement
- Provide leadership and guidance during the design review process, and preside over formal technology and design milestone reviews
- Participate in design board activities
- Promote division wide initiatives related to safety and reliability, supporting accurate certification and continued airworthiness
- Represent the Chief Engineer’s Office in matters related to design excellence … practices, reviews, and design board activities, leverage synergies with other GE design communities
- Stays current and involved with GE Global Research, aerospace industry, academia and regulatory initiatives to ensure state of the art competitiveness
- Provide technical mentoring to the global Controlled Titled Holder community and pipeline
- Support Engineering Division quality initiatives
- Provide leadership, experience and knowledge to help proactively identify and solve technical problems
- Promote the documentation of lessons learned and their dissemination across the organization
- Support technical training and technical talent development
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- At least 15 years of industry experience in technologies related to Electrical Systems
- PhD in Electrical Engineering
- Considered an expert in electrical systems
- Experience in power electronics, motor/generators, transmission and cables, EMI, energy storage, and fault management
- Experience with Aviation electrical systems
- Experience with a range of voltages
- External profile within industry associations
- Prototyping and Manufacturing experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Leadership to pursue correct engineering process in adverse conditions
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gecareers.com.