Element has an opportunity for an Associate Test Engineer to design and implement the tests conducted on customer products by creating the technical road map that satisfies the customer requirements. Test Engineers work closely with Test Technicians and customers and act as the technical guide as the program moves through each phase.
- Leads engineering efforts related to complex Aerospace Product Qualification Testing (PQT) programs
- Designs and implements functional test rigs and systems that support safe, accurate, and efficient test execution often requiring 2D schematics, 3D models, and drawings for fabrication using AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks
- Utilizes sensors, module based software (e.g. DASYLab), and control theory to develop complete data acquisition and control systems
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of test standards, product test procedures, and instrumentation
- Works closely with Test Technicians to observe and record test setup, progression, and results Organizes and documents data for each assigned project in the project’s test log
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering from a four year college or university plus two (2) to four (4) years of non-test related engineering experience or one (1) year of experience in a test environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to interface with customers to determine their needs and provide a satisfactory outcome
- Experience working with Quality Management Systems (i.e. ISO 17025 and ITAR Regulations) and Trade
- Compliance Regulations (i.e. ITAR or EAR) is desired but not required
NOTE: This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), or U.S. Government export authorization is required. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the employer obtaining the necessary export authorization, including, if required, an export license from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, the U.S. Department of State’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
Element is one of the fastest growing testing, inspection and certification businesses in the world. Globally we have more than 6,500 brilliant minds operating from 200 sites across 30 countries. Together we share an ambitious purpose to ‘Make tomorrow safer than today’.
When failure in use is not an option, we help customers make certain that their products, materials, processes and services are safe, compliant and fit for purpose. From early R&D, through complex regulatory approvals and into production, our global laboratory network of scientists, engineers, and technologists support customers to achieve assurance over product quality, sustainable outcomes, and market access.
While we are proud of our global reach, working at Element feels like being part of a smaller company. We empower you to take charge of your career, and reward excellence and integrity with growth and development.
Industries across the world depend on our care, attention to detail and the absolute accuracy of our work. The role we have to play in creating a safer world is much bigger than our organization.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, race, religion, responsibility of dependents, sexual orientation, or gender identity or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
To apply for this job please visit element-ext-us.icims.com.