University of Bristol
This is an exciting opportunity to join an industry-leading, aerospace engineering project with a focus on the design and implementation of flexible wind tunnel models. The successful candidate will be the KTP Associate on a Knowledge Transfer Partnership between the University of Bristol and the Aircraft Research Association Ltd (ARA) and will be based at ARA in Bedford.
What will you be doing?
The successful candidate will lead this strategic project, working alongside the Aircraft Research Association Ltd (ARA) and leading academics at the University of Bristol to develop novel technological solutions to enable efficient and accurate design, construction and testing of flexible aircraft wind tunnel models. Such testing technologies are vital for the development of new environmentally friendly aircraft designs.
You should apply if
- Hold a 1st or 2:1 degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering (or related subject) and preferably a PhD in experimental aerodynamics or related mechanical engineering domain.
- Experience of wind tunnel model design and testing, ideally of aeroelastic models
- Knowledge of structural analysis and design
- Experience in the analysis and interpretation of experimental & numerical data sets
- Project manager / Technical manager experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter; able to define & produce new processes & procedures
Inquisitive nature with an interest & skills in problem-solving
To find out more about what it’s like to work in the Faculty of Engineering, and how the Faculty supports people to achieve their potential, please see our staff blog:
We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.
To apply for this job please visit www.bristol.ac.uk.