To be the first line of contact for plant wide quality issues, and work individually or in conjunction with other Quality department personnel for issue reporting and resolution.
To be an Operator / Programmer for the CMM’s to measure parts for conformance, first piece approvals, and problem solving.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Formal qualifications required:
- 2 years of experience in CMM Programming / Operating
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to perform duties with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to learn Mitutoyo MCOSMOS
- Zeiss experience
- Trained and qualified in statistics and SPC techniques
Formal 2 year degree
Specific Functional Capabilities, Knowledge, and Skills Required
Ability to work with calipers, micrometers, and scales. Effective e-mail and electronic communication skills are required
Include details of how these can be assessed during recruitment e.g. certification check, interview, selection test, etc.
- CMM programming in MCOSMOS (similar to PCDMIS) [10-15% duties]
- Operate / maintain CMM (run programs) [~50% duties]
- Read Blueprints and obtain correct dimensions and tolerances following G, D, & T principles
- Measure / analyze parts from machining stations and quality gates to determine conformity level
- Help ensure plant wide gauging system is compliant (gage operation, troubleshooting, repair, and overall maintenance
- Help maintain the Quarantine Cage and assist with material on-hold dispositions
- Perform gage calibrations and R&R’s on hand gauging devices as well as gage fixtures; maintain in GageTrak gage-tracking software
- Help ensure proper suspect and non-conforming material identification, segregation, and containment
- Assist in containment activities during customer, internal, or supplier quality crisis
- Interface with production employees to understand / resolve quality issues
- Assist Quality Engineers towards corrective actions and other task-specific activities
- Input data and maintain spreadsheets and other documents and software per internal and TS / ISO requirements
- Assist in training and developing resources surrounding measuring and metrology
- Participate in Advanced Quality Planning / Launch activities, as necessary
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Driveline is the market leader in the development and delivery of contemporary and electrified driveline systems and solutions. With a comprehensive global footprint, we design, develop, manufacture and integrate an extensive range of driveline technologies for over 90% of the world’s automotive manufacturers.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers.gkn.com/vacancies/19980/advanced-quality-technician.html →